Our School Bus Drivers are the Strength of our Company!
Drivers are caring, responsible and reliable. Our bus drivers make every effort to deliver their students safely and on time to their destinations each and every day. Superior School Bus is committed to providing our customers with safe, well-trained school bus drivers. Our support staff is always ready to answer questions or concerns.
At Superior School Bus all prospective and existing drivers must follow article 19a of the transportation safety law:
- Criminal Background Check
- Motor Vehicle Record Check
- Written and behind the wheel driving tests
- Pass a physical every year
- On site random drug & alcohol testing
- Training is conducted at our base with a certified article 19a examiners
- Provides new and experienced drivers with one-on-one attention
- Is skill focused so it provides applicants with the tools they need to
safely operate a school bus
- Includes behind the wheel training
- Ride along training with an experienced driver
All Superior School Bus drivers must attend safety meetings which are held frequently. These safety meetings cover such important topics including:
- School Bus Evacuation
- Danger Zones
- Loading and Unloading Procedures
- Student Management
Superior School Bus drivers are much more than just transit professionals. They are guardians, counselors, and mentors to the children they transport to and from school. We hold an annual School Bus Personnel Appreciation Week that culminates in a barbecue where appreciation plaques and safe driver awards are given out.
All Superior School Bus drivers must meet the following criteria:
- Drivers are at least 21 years old.
- Drivers have passed a physical examination and meet all local, state and federal requirements.
- Drivers possess a valid school bus driver's license issued by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Drivers are required to attend safety training.
- Drivers are subject to criminal background checks.
- Drivers shall take reasonable and appropriate action to prevent students from using indecent or profane language while being transported.
- Drivers will not consume alcohol or use any drug or controlled substance before or during work.
- All Drivers must submit to random, unannounced On Site urine tests and breathalizers. If we are at all supicious of a Driver's sobriety due to his appearance, we will not allow him or her to take a bus route.
- Drivers will submit to any and all drug testing required by state or federal law or by Superior School Bus.
- Drivers will not use tobacco at any time while on duty.
- No driver shall remove a student from the bus at a location other than the approved bus stop without prior authorization.
- Drivers will immediately report any accident that involves the school bus.
- Drivers will follow established bus routes as determined and approved by the appropriate School District.
- Drivers will have in their possession at all times their school bus driver's license, a working watch, a map of their bus route, a list of their students, and a route sheet indicating authorized stops.
School Bus Driver Training
Superior School Buses in-house training capabilities are a cornerstone of our school bus program and an essential component of our ability to maintain one of the highest safety records in the region.
Superior School Buses mandatory School Bus Driver Basic Training (20 hours) is designed to prepare the new school bus driver for the challenges of school bus driving. The training program includes:
- School bus driving fundamentals
- Defensive driving techniques
- Weather-related driving techniques
- Interpersonal relations (for dealing with parents, students, and staff)
- Federal and State laws
- School district policies and procedures
- Bus stop procedures
- Railroad grade crossing procedures
- Accident and emergency procedures
- First aid CPR, and the Heimlich Maneuver
- Blood borne pathogens and body fluid cleanup procedures
- School Bus Driver Advanced Training Program
The School Bus Driver Advanced Training Program (10 hours) is an extensive refresher course designed to hone defensive driving and student discipline techniques, and includes topics such as:
- Current safety issues and concerns
- Local district issues
- Current weather conditions and driving techniques
- Road construction projects
- Driver-student relations and conflict resolution
Our Accident Prevention and Emergency Evacuation Training allows drivers to practice and plan for emergencies as they practice defensive driving techniques.
School Bus Attendant Training (20 hours) provides extensive training of student management, attendant responsibilities, and emergency procedures. The course is followed up by an annual refresher course that reviews responsibilities and student behavior monitoring.
Superior School Bus sponsors an all day Safety Conference that reminds drivers of the dangers and hazards associated with transporting students. Drivers have an opportunity to share experiences and review any changes in Federal or State laws governing school bus programs.
To have a representative contact you with a quote, please click here.
Superior School Bus Company
New York Office
957 Dean Street
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Phone: (718) 444-4200
Phone: (718) 789-9800
Fax: (718) 444-4509
Fax: (718) 789-9803
431 North Courtland St
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
Phone: (570) 422-0800
Fax: (570) 422-0822
This is to inform you of my experiences thus far with Superior School Bus Company.
Since I have been working with Superior Bus Company, I have been treated professionally and Sharon has always been able to accomodate whatever bus needs I've had; even on "Last Minute" situations. Even though the price of gas has risen, I find that the prices for chartering a bus with Superior are very reasonable. I highly reccommend this company to everyone.
3072 Third Avenue
Bronx, NY 10457